-->

Monday, 2 March 2015

Tarte Glamazon Lipstick



Hello everyone,

It's been quite a while since I've sat down and actually typed up a post like this. Before my recent trip home to the UK I scheduled all my posts 2 a week (although I did miss a few, sorry!) so that I could just focus on being there and being with all of the people I love and not have to worry about getting some posts up. I hope you all enjoyed those, but finally I'm back and I have a post today about my first ever purchase of a Tarte Cosmetics product.




Tarte Glamazon Lipstick in Graceful
Retails for: $16
I bought this because I was looking for something to purchase from Tarte just to try out the brand as I've heard so many good things about the brand I didn't know where to start. This particular product caught my eye because not only is the packaging beautiful and just looks so natural to me but I'm in love with the colour of the lipstick. I've been looking (as you will know if you read my other posts) for new lipsticks and testing out what shades of reds and picks suit my skin tone. 

The colour of this product is a beautiful dusty, dark rose. I honestly think it does compliment my skin tone, but compliments my hair colour aswell. I know that might seem slightly weird haha, but I just feel like a dusty rose shade, like this one looks lovely in contrast to Auburn hair like I have. To know whether a lip colour suits me or not I have to be wearing a full face of make-up. That may seem odd but because I have redness and hyperpigmentation on my face it kind of throws off the colours and looks different to how it would with an even skin tone with makeup on. So without it doesn't suit me so much because it's in contrast with the redness if that makes sense. 

That's enough of my ramble now, let me tell you what I actually think of the product...

Even if you apply a 'thin' layer of this product on your lips, it has an amazing colour pay off and it so true to the colour of the 'stick' if that makes any sense. More often than not, the actual 'stick' of lipstick will look one colour and then when you apply it it's a different colour entirely. Maybe it's just me but that's what I've found anyway.


It looks almost matte when you first apply the lipstick, but once it sets in it looks lovely and does last for about 3-4 hours without eating/drinking, even when the actual product has worn off the colour is still there for another hour or so. But if you're wearing it to work or school you would have to reapply but it's perfect for a party, special occasion or something like that. 

It blends into the lips really well, I just do one swipe on my bottom lip, rub them together and it  spreads out evenly and sits really well. However, if you have dry/flaking lips it doesn't highlight them but it is noticeable as it doesn't completely smoothen out your lips to look all the same texture.


I hope you've enjoyed this post and I'll see you on Wednesday with another! Have a lovely day!
Let me know in the comments if you've ever tried any Tarte products and what you think of them.