-->

Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Makeup Haul


I thought I would do a quick little post for you today showing you some of my recent purchases. If you've read a few of my past blog posts particularly my last, you'll know I'm a lover of foundations, and I'm always trying to find the best for my skin type. So of course there were going to be some in here, what did you expect from me? 


Covergirl 3 in 1 Outlast Foundation
I've always wanted to try the Covergirl 3 in 1 Foundation due to the fact it's supposed to be a concealer and primer in there as well, and I was so curious to see if could so the thought impossible and cover all my acne and hyperpigmentation. I have tried this already and love the formula but I bought it online (shame on me) because it was a much cheaper price than the shops sell it for, and it turned out to be the wrong colour. In my defense though I thought I'd ordered the lightest colour, but it turns out I hadn't looked at the numbers and '825' was not the lightest but instead the 4th. So if I can't mix it well with moisturiser to get my colour (I already tried a lighter foundation mixed with it) I'm going to give it to a friend because I've literally used like two pumps haha.

Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipstick
At the same time as purchasing the first foundation, I always ordered the Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipstick as I loved the idea of a suede finish, and honestly it kind of does. It's also a really nice colour, really impressed so far.

No7 Instant Illusions Primer 
I haven't tried this yet and I can't say I'm too excited to either, simply because of my oily skin the name of the primer suggests it gives 'radiance' and I'm really not looking to add anything to give myself a dewy look. But I may be wrong and it may leave  a lovely finish. I may have to see if they are any reviews on it and swatch it to see what finish it gives.

No7 Eyeshadow 
I haven't tried this product either but I think it would be great for a neutral smokey eye or even just on its own to cover my veiny eyelids haha. I'm hoping it's not too glittery or anything but I love colours like this as they make really great bases.


Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation
I tried a sample of this a while back and really liked the finish it left on my skin, however I wasn't in too much of a rush to get it because it has a price tag that didn't seem with it to me. But when I found a 50% code on twitter (yay twitter!) I jumped at the chance, and I am so happy I did. Also even though it was online, I did well this time and got the right colour, finally.


No7 High Shine Lip Crayon
I actually have this in a different colour as well that's a little bit darker and a berry like colour, but this one is a lot more on the nude side but does leave a nice pinky finish as well. If you're looking for a moisturising Lip Crayon I really recommend it, but if you're in the market for one that has great pigmentation this might not be the best for you because it is quite sheen on the lips. I think it would even be great on top of a lipstick.

No7 Lovely Lashes Mascara
The colour of the packaging is honestly what drew me to this product the most, it seems very spring like and the brush is lovely too, just as the name might suggest haha. It gives very natural lashes, if you want length and volume it will probably take you quite a few coats as it's buildable to a point and then gets kind of difficult

Tarte High Performance Blush
This was just a free sample that was included when I bought the foundation, I just thought I'd include it as well because it was apart of my order. They also have a travel complexion brush and a tester of the Amazonian Clay foundation in a range of colours.

 I hope you've enjoyed this post, if you would liek any reviews on any of the products mentioned please let me know in the comments below!

Have you used any of these products before?


See you with another post on Sunday and make sure to follow me on Bloglovin' if you don't already!