-->

Sunday, 22 February 2015

No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation Review


Hello everyone!
If you know me and my oily skin, you'll know I'm constantly on the lookout for a good foundation that will keep me matte all day. Obviously because the name of the foundation: 'Beautifully Matte' I was instantly drawn to this, and of course my love of No7 of a brand. 



For me this foundation keeps me oil free for at least 3 hours because of my extreme oily skin, but actually I do like this finish of this foundation more after those 3 hours. Just because it can look slightly cakey; please don't be scared off with the word 'cakey'. I know that word is feared by a lot of people when it comes to makeup, but let me tell you this foundation does look only slightly cakey after it's been applied, however that's due to the coverage (which is buildable so you can make it more of a medium finish if you prefer) and the fact that I use a powder over every inch of my face, and let me tell you, I need to do this or else I just get unmanageably oily.


But anyway this does leave a matte finish: so if you have normal, or slightly oily skin and are still thinking of this foundation, I think this will work perfect for you all day long. However, I suggest definitely not using a powder on your entire face, this was you'l be able to minimise the complete matte effect while still keeping any chance of oil at bay. However, for people with dry skin or patches, this might not be the best fitting product for you, because it tends to 'highlight' the dry areas because it's so mattifying and cling on to any dry patches, that's why I steer clear of this when I have dry patches. 

As you can see the foundation doesn't completely cover my acne, but definitely covers all of my redness which is what I love. Writing this post I don't know why I don't use it more but that's just because I love the finish of the Neutrogena Microclear foundation a little bit more, but this one is a very close second and one of my all-time favourites.


I hope you have a lovely rest of your day an thanks so much for reading! Let me know in the comments if you've tried this foundation and some of your favourites.