-->

Sunday, 1 February 2015

Bare Minerals Loose Eyeshadow

Hello everyone!

If you've noticed from some of my previous 'makeup look' posts that I generally do seasonally, you may have noticed they don't usually contain a huge amount of eyeshadow if any. But over the past two months or so since I purchased an eyeshadow primer I have been playing around with different looks on a daily basis just to try and see what works for me and what I like the most etc, and I was only really doing this with a small palette I got a year or so ago. So I asked for a couple new eyeshadows for Christmas and received this lovely set from BareMinerals, so of course swatched everything on my hand immediately, however the immediate colour pay-off wasn't amazing so it took me a couple days before I actually decided to use them.

Despite not having the best pigmentation when swatched and I even had to build up the layers of the product on my hand just to get that photo. But I was pleasantly surprised when I started putting the product on my eyelids. They're not overly pigmented to the point where to you have to be really careful about applying it and where you get it. But with these they feel almost creamy, and are so soft and smooth to apply. Which in this instance I actually used my fingers to apply the lighter base colour 'Champagne Satin' because it felt so lovey haha. 

The formula of these lasts all day long, of course I applied a primer before hand but even still it was the ELF mineral primer and my previous eyeshadows would still crease on my eyes by the end of the days, but these do not. 

These are exactly the colours I would choose even if I hadn't received them in a set. I love neutral colours and I feel like they're definitely the easiest to wear. Not only does the lighter shade 'Champagne Satin' look great as a base for the eye, but would look great on its own or even as a highlight for the browbone and inner corner.

Champagne Satin
Smoky Amber
I am definitely sold for going and purchasing more of these. However, one thing I can say about these is that when you open them for the first time it can be a little tricky, or maybe it's just me haha. If you get stuck all you have to do is pull off the sticker covering the shadow. I know that sounds straight forward, but because there's an arrow on it I though you had to twist the pot to open it haha. So just be aware, but I'm sure you can figure out faster than I did.

Hope you enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments some of your favourite eyeshadows.