-->

Sunday, 25 January 2015

What's in My Makeup Bag // Everyday Makeup


Hello everyone! I have a post for you today, that is one of my favourite to read. I love to see what people carry around with them and use on a daily basis, not just because these tend to be the products they like the best but because I love to see what works well on a daily basis, all day wear, and what's good for touch-ups as well. So I hope you enjoy this post, seeing the products I use most days!



For base face products, the ones I love to use for an everyday look is the Benefit Porefessional Primer. This stuff makes my skin especially around my nose where my pores look slightly larger this primer just smoothes my skin completely and erases my pores completely or diminishes the look of them. Next I use the Neutrogena Microclear Foundation (as you can see this is very well loved) which I use honestly almost anytime I'm applying makeup, daily basis, evening wear, whatever. I just find this stays on my skin so well. It has a light-medium coverage I would say but is definitely buildable, but not to the point of a full coverage. It sits on the skin well, lasts all day, doesn't make me really oily, but after 6-8 hours blotting/touch up is needed (for my super oily skin anyway), but it's great for all skin types and gives a nice finish whatever your skin type. 


On top of the foundation I use the Bareminerals, Mineral Veil. This is a newer product to my collection but I'm already in love with it. It leaves an amazing finish and makes my skin look so flawless with no redness and keeps me matte for quite a while without the cakey look which some powders do give me. After I've powdered I us Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush. This is also fairly recent to my collection...well I've had it for about a month or so, and I think there have only been about 3 days where I used other blushes. This is such a nice colour on my skin, and isn't overy pigmented which is what I was slightly scared about with this product. I can either use my fingers (but I don't usually apply this way, since I have acne I don't want to risk spreading bacteria) or a brush. I use this blush as it's not too light for this time of year but still suits my skintone. Also I find that despite being a cream type blush rather than powder it is still great for a slightly more matte look and still gives you some slight radiance if you know what I mean? It looks more natural with a matte look than a powder would, because tit gives you a slightly, natural, radiant look. 

Moving onto eyes, (I haven't shown it in the picture, oops!) I use the Elf Eyelid Primer. For such a cheap price it primes so well, and keeps your eyeshadow in the right place almost all day, which I think is amazing for the price! Then I use one of my new loves from NYX the Love in Paris Eyeshadow Palette. All the colours are amazing and sit on the lid so well without 'sliding' off through the day, but with some colours takes a little extra to get the true pigment. 

It's becoming an increasing routine for me to use my Revlon Brown Eyeliner for not just my bottom last line but also my upper, just having to smudge it. I find this looks more natural and subtle, but still makes your eyes appear bigger. At this point rather oddly, I jump to eyebrows. From the first picture you can see this is also very well used. I've used this for as long as I've been filling in my eyebrows. I love this because it allows me to lightly fill in my eyebrows as I'm not into the bold eyebrow look on myself. Then I just use an eyebrow brush to even out the colour and get rid of any excess. Lastly for the eyes, I curl my lashes. Plain and simply, I use the It Cosmetics Hello Lashes Mascara (full review here) to really lengthen my lashes, then I go over it with the Bareminerals Lash Domination to spread them out slightly more and give even more volume.

Last but not least, I use my favourite EOS Lip Balm in Strawberry Shortcake and apply a lipstick over it. If you saw my Alternatives To the Classic Red Lips post here, you will already know this lipstick: L'oreal Infallible lipstick in Bold Bordeaux. This is a very pretty Dark Purple/Red colour, which I've found myself reaching for a lot.

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments if you've used any of these products and how you like them. As well as your daily makeup essentials. Have a lovely day!