-->

Sunday, 11 January 2015

Alternatives to the Classic Red Lip

Hello everyone! Hope you're well!

I have a post today for those of your like myself, you want to wear bold lip colours...but can't find the perfect one for your complexion


A lot of people I know would sometimes point out that I don't wear lipstick very often, or at least a noticeable, bold colour. Up until recently I would skip on the lip stick/gloss part of my makeup routine, why? I feel like because of my complexion: being quite pale anyway and having a moderate amount of redness which is often difficult for me to cover because I don't like to build foundations. I'm left not suiting bright lip colours etc and honestly the thought of  'bold' colours, scared me in care they didn't suit me, or highlighted my redness.

But recently I've been buying and trying some new lip products and colours, and these two were my absolute favourites. The first is Rimmel London's Lasting Lipstick in 124 Bordeaux. This formula isn't as long lasting as the L'oreal Infallible Lipstick in Bold Bordeaux. Similar names right? Haha. I think I've finally found my 'perfect' colour. They both are a deep, reddy brown. Honestly, I think this is a colour that suits the majority of skin tones.

I'm so glad I ventured out into some new colours, rather than my usual nudey-pink or sheer purple colour..if I'm ever wearing anything other than a lip balm!

Let me know if you enjoyed this post, and comment below your favourite lipstick.
Oh and one more thing! I have a survey right now, which is on the right of this post under my social media icons! It would mean a lot if you could take a quick minute or two to fill out the sort survey, which I will use to make these posts better.