-->

Saturday, 13 December 2014

The Christmas Tag!!



Hello everyone! Hope you're having a very festive day.
I was tagged by RimmelSmudge to do this tag. I think this tag is such a lovely idea, being able to share with you some of the things I tend to do this time of year and at Christmas by answering the questions. So before I get too rambly let's get started!....




1. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
I have quite an array of favourite Christmas movies, because I love this time of year, and being cuddled up on the sofa watching them. the first movie I want to mention is of course an old classic, Home Alone. I love every single one of the Home Alone films starring Macaulay Culkin, but more specifically Home Alone 2 where he goes to New York alone. Another movie I love which is slightly a cliché because this is what a lot of people will probably mention but Elf, everyone loves that film lets be honest. 
But aside from those two my other ones are 'Love Actually' and 'Four Christmases'.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
In my family we always open all of our presents on Christmas morning.We've always done it this way, just saving everything until the morning. I know some people tend to open one or all on Christmas Eve, but I feel like it's too early haha just because I'm so used to it like this. I do open presents from family members or friends on Christmas eve if I know I won't see them on the day, but besides that all the rest are opened Christmas Day.

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I have so many lovely Christmas memories, but one I remember distinctly is one year I was awoken late morning by my dog (like always), went downstairs with my family opened all of our presents and then had cake for breakfast, yes cake. That may be infact the most important reason why I remember this particular Christmas the most but still. It was my grandad's birthday the day before and he sent us home with a slice each, so of course we thought it would be a nice treat for breakfast seeing as it was Christmas. Anyway afterwards we went for a lovely walk in the snow and came home to a warm fire, hot chocolate and christmas films through the day. Although very basic, I just love this memory so much.

4. Favourite festive food?
My favourite festive food is everyones favourite: Christmas Cookies. There's just something about having a little sugar cookie with a christmassy themed design on top that just whenever it's eaten just seems like a Christmas food. It's this time of year where everyone is baking and that smell is in the air. Baking is another one of my favourite things about the season and because of that are just the best festive food in my opinion.

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
This is extremely difficult question as over the years I have received some really lovely ones. But if I had to narrow it down to one that sticks out, it would probably be the first gift I ever received from my boyfriend. Just because it was such a special gift to me and means so much. Not because of the gift itself (although the necklace is beautiful) it also has great sentimental value to me.

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
As I've already mentioned, the smell of Christmas cookies in the air is a love of mine. It just reminds me of Christmas as it's something I've done with my mum annually this time of year since I was little. However, if we're referring to candles (because we all know they're my favourite thing) it would have to be the ones I mentioned in my 'Winter Favourites' blog post. My top two for this season are: Cranberry Ice and Sugared Apple because they're very sweet smelling and just smell so christmasssyyy!

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
My Christmas eve usually consists of me in my Primark Christmas PJ's, my family and boyfriend sitting around watching more Christmas films and eating..guess what...Christmas cookies. Did you guess that? Anyway, of course the room is filled with decorations and Christmassy smelling candles burning all around the house making it feel nice and cosy. So if you call those traditions, that's what my night is like every year ahah.

8. What tops your tree?
This year as I'm looking at it my tree is a topped with a red star my mum bought from Target, which she has strung lights around haha. Although, it does look very cute, our tree topper varies from year to year, this star is a new edition in the past few weeks but in previous years, it has always been a star of some sort. Just not necessarily the same one.

9. As a kid what was one crazy gift you asked for but never received? 
Among the dozens of  crazy gifts that I asked for and never received are: Unicorns, turtles, weird animals of sorts, a beach in my back garden and the worst of all a life size cut out of Zac Efron hahaha. Thinking it through now although the last may have seemed like a good idea, it would be slightly scary and insanely creepy to see that and wake up to it everyday in your room. But anyway, yes I did ask for all of those things, of course not in recent years haha but when I was younger and had more of an active imagination than I do now.

10. What's the best part of Christmas for you?
The best part of Christmas is of course the people. My family, boyfriend and friends. Each one of them makes the season so much better. Although this year is a little different living over 3000 miles away from them all (except my mum), I still love them all the same and can't wait to be back in England for next years Christmas. However, like you can already guess.....Cookies, candles and Christmas films closely follow haha.

I am also tagging these amazing bloggers:
Chloe (http://misslouise1113.blogspot.co.uk/)
Chloe (http://www.chloexlogan.blogspot.co.uk/)
Sophie (http://darlingsophie.blogspot.com/)
Bell (http://fashionblogbell.blogspot.co.uk/)
Charlotte (http://www.sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.com/)
Ffion (http://www.asouthwalesblog.com/)
Katie (http://nerdybeautifulunique.blogspot.com/)
Also if you haven't been tagged and want to do this tag...go ahead!! I tag you to!:)


Thank you so much for reading this post, hope you enjoyed it! Comment below what your favourite part about the season is!?
Have a lovely day and a very festive season! Merry Christmas!